Honey for skincare, as medicine and in healthy snacks
Beauty recipes with unpasterized honey:
- Facial cleanser: 1 teaspoon of honey + 1 tablespoon of milk; rinse with cool water.
- Hair conditioner after regular shampoo: 5 cups water + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar + 2 teaspoons honey; mix v well; no need to rinse.
- Body moisturizer: dissolve 2 tablespoons of honey in a cup of warm water and add to your bath.
Unpasterized honey is widely used as medicine - here are some tips:
- Heartburn: take 1 teaspoon of honey with a bit of cinnamon before a meal.
- Insomnia and constipation: take a spoonful of honey before going to bed to promote sleep and regulate digestion.
- Allergies: by ingesting the pollen that usually causes the allergies, you will become immune to the pollen in the environment.
- Arthritis, high cholesterol: 2 teaspoons honey + 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar dissolved in a glass of water at bedtime.
- Weight stabilization and cravings inhibition:a teaspoon of bee pollen honey half an hour before a meal.
- Immune system: take a spoonful of honey with 4 drops of propolis every day.
Healthy snacks made with honey:
- Honey butter: fork together a spoonful of honey with coconut oil the size of a peanut and spread over your toast.
- Quick snacks: mix a spoonful of honey with some seeds, nuts and dried cranberries.